Islamic Personalities (24 Jan 2013 NewAgeIslam.Com)

• Dear Truth, Xpress

Haffington post is an internationally renowned scholarly journals. It has an article by Mike Ghouse on how one can connect with the Prophet.Some critics of Islam have posted vitriolic comments against the Prophet and I have defended each charge. I hope you will go through it and be fully assured that I love the Prophet in a substantive way. The link is:

By muhammad yunus - 1/26/2013 4:29:49 PM

• Dear Gholam Ghous Sahab,

Thank you for putting an express clarification on my behalf. How can anyone who has read my related articles assume that I will have an iota of disagreement to your following statement:

The good news is on Jan. 24, a  much awaited book by a renowned American scholar, Lesley Hazelton's, 'The First Muslim, Muhammad' has been launched. She also has a number of  presentation on the Qur'an that you can readily access on the U-Tube. Amazon.com describes the book as follows:
      The extraordinary life of the man who founded Islam, and the world he inhabited—and remade.

"Muhammad’s was a life of almost unparalleled historical importance; yet for all the iconic power of his name, the intensely dramatic story of the prophet of Islam is not well known. In The First Muslim, Lesley Hazleton brings him vibrantly to life. Drawing on early eyewitness sources and on history, politics, religion, and psychology, she renders him as a man in full, in all his complexity and vitality.
           Hazleton’s account follows the arc of Muhammad’s rise from powerlessness to power, from anonymity to renown, from insignificance to lasting significance. How did a child shunted to the margins end up revolutionizing his world? How did a merchant come to challenge the established order with a new vision of social justice? How did the pariah hounded out of Mecca turn exile into a new and victorious beginning? How did the outsider become the ultimate insider?
           Impeccably researched and thrillingly readable, Hazleton’s narrative creates vivid insight into a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, nonviolence and violence, rejection and acclaim. The First Muslim illuminates not only an immensely significant figure but his lastingly relevant legacy.

Thanks

By muhammad yunus - 1/26/2013 4:20:39 PM

• Mr express

The truth is what Dear Raihan Nezami sahib says in his comment as follows:

‘Dear Xpress: I think there has been some misunderstanding or misinterpretation of Mohammad Younus Saheb’s comment second in this thread. I am quoting few lines from that, “The truth is many historians have found the Prophet far less honorable than you have claimed. These historians - one quoted by Barani, have drawn on the classical Sira of the Prophet, which is no more than an embellished history.” You see, finally, he has stated, “Sira is an embellished history”. As far as my understanding is concerned, he has great love and reverence for the prophet Muhammad (SAW) having full belief in the noble persona of the prophet (SAW) and agrees with the author’s statement, “The Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was one of the greatest humanitarians that ever walked on the earth. In fact he must be called the saviour of humanity”.

Mr express, never try to create conflict between me and Muhamamd Yunus Sahab as it is your habit of doing such an evil work also shown in your comment.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 10:21:09 AM

• Mr.express,
    I think YUNUS SAHAB has not opposed to my statement regarding the dignity of the holy prophet Muhammad pbuh rather he has given a kind of suggestion to quote from the most authentic book the Quran. His article shows that he has great reverence and respect regarding the holy prophet Muahmmad pbuh.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 10:11:32 AM

• Mr express
    What do you want to do here in this site. you better first tell me who are you? what is your purpose then we may do very comprehensive debate here that may enlighten you. your false name is identical to your false comment. I think you change your name and come time and again with the same questions and misinterpretations regarding the holy prophet Muahmmad pbuh.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 10:04:10 AM

• Two Hadith about the marriage of Fatima سلام الله عليه
    (1) Abdullah bin Masud (RA) narrates that the Holy Prophet (SAW) said, “Allah (SWT) has ordered me to arrange Fatimah’s (سلام اللہ علیھا) marriage with Ali (كرم الله وجهه).”
    (2 ) ‘Ans bin Malik (RA) narrates that when the Messenger of Allah (SAW) was in the mosque, he said to Ali (كرم الله وجهه), “This is Jibraeel who is telling me that Allah (SWT) has performed your marriage ceremony to Fatimah (سلام اللہ علیھا) in the presence of forty thousand angels as witnesses to the marriage ceremony. He (SWT) said to the tree of tuba (blessing) to rain pearls and rubies on them. The tree showered them with pearls and rubies. Then women with beautiful eyes gathered the pearls and rubies in trays which the angels (present in the ceremony) will present to each other as gifts until the Day of Judgement.”

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 9:36:42 AM

• There is a Hadith about the marriage of Fatima سلام الله عليه

‘Abdullah bin Masud (RA) narrates that the Holy Prophet (SAW) said, “Allah (SWT) has ordered me to arrange Fatimah’s (سلام اللہ علیھا) marriage with Ali (كرم الله وجهه).”

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 9:29:52 AM

• A very good comment by Dear Arashad Bhai,
    "despite the fact the whole life of the prophet (pbuh) had to be spent in defending and fighting for the cause of his noble mission, there was not the slightest scar of rudeness or harshness or cruelty in his speech or hehaviour or ideology. On the contrary in our present world, we observe that those who have ten or fifteen years in the army or the police, a certain  cruelty and rudeness his personality, behaviour and ideas. But it did not happen with the prophet (pbuh). That is a unique trait of his  magnanimous persona
    Dear thanks a lot for appreciating me and giving you worth mentioning comment.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 9:10:53 AM

• Dear Raihan Nizami sahab you have rightly said in you comment "Mr. Barani: The hatred for Islam has gone into your head, only an illiterate and crazy person can speak like this who has no idea but believes the hearsay of the enemies of Islam. You are one step ahead of the pagans of Makkah in 7th century".
    perhaps that is why Mr Barani has gone to such an extent.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 8:58:43 AM

• Yunus sahib,
    The most authentic book is none other than the holy Quran. To understand the holy Quran you need indeed the knowledge of Ahadith otherwise never ever you can get access to the Quran’s broader sense. Sometimes to understand the meaning of  a word of the holy Quran you need indeed the help of the Ahadith.
    The Quran praises the holy prophet more than I or you can imagine or do. His sayings or practices are far better than we can do or think of. Perhaps, you might have ever heard that truth is ever green. If I praise the holy prophet Muahmmad pbuh by quoting from the holy Ahadith some will try to disapprove it. Those who have hate and prejudice against the holy prophet Muhammad they will continue to misinterpret whether I quote from the Quran or Ahaidth.
    I have given an account here “Thus, not only Muslims but also non-Muslims look up to Holy Prophet Muhammad’s life as a continuous source of inspiration. The best part of his personality was that in spite of leading a very difficult life since his inception, he would always smile and say ‘All praise be to Allah’”
    False and fabricated statements regarding the holy prophet Muhamamd pbuh as you mentioned in your comment are not new. Since the advent of Islam I have found two types of hate against the holy Prophet Muhammad pbuh 1 is direct hate without misinterpreting the holy Quran and 2 is indirect hate by utilising the misinterpretation of the holy Quran or the Ahadith. In the era of the holy prophet pbuh the then pagans used the direct hate and now the hate-mongers are utilising the indirect way of humiliating the dignity of the holy prophet Muahmad pbuh. If someone blames the holy prophet Muhmamad pbuh misinterpreting the Hadiht, it does not mean that we should be restricted to the only holy Quran. We come to know the praises of the holy prophet pbuh from the Quran as well as the Ahadith.
    What is my purpose is only to make the people aware of the truth and save them from being fallen prey to the misinterpretation and distortion. For doing so, I will quote from the Quran, and Hadith.
    In my article I have shown that in addition to Muslims, some non-Muslims too take inspiration from the life of the holy prophet pbuh.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 8:48:33 AM

• A great humanitarian

Once, Abu Masud Ansari was beating his slave when he heard a voice behind him say, “Abu Masud! God has more power and control over you than you have over this slave.” Abu Masud turned and saw it was God’s Messenger. He said, “O God’s Messenger! I free this slave for the pleasure of God.” Muhammad replied, “If you had not done so, the fire of Hell would have touched you.”

People arranged the marriages of slaves but forcibly separated them whenever they wished. One man arranged the marriage of his slave to his slave-girl and then wanted to separate them. The slave complained to God’s Messenger, who stood up in the Mosque and -addressed the people, “Why do people marry slaves and then separate them? The right of marriage and divorce belongs only to the husband and wife.” The effect of this kindness was that many slaves of polytheists used to run away and come to him. He used to grant them freedom. When the spoils of war were distributed, slaves were given their due share. The newly freed slaves received their shares first for they did not have any capital.

Indeed he and his message was and is that of a great humanitarian.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 7:54:35 AM

A great humanitarian

When the slaves felt humiliated at being called slaves the prophet Muhammad pbuh advised his companions not to say “my slave” or “my slave-girl” but to say, “my son” or “my daughter”. He also told the slaves not to call their masters “lord” for God alone was the Lord. He was so much kind to slaves that his last inheritance before he died was, “Fear God in the matter of slaves.” Abu Dhar was one of the converts and Muhammad praised him for his honest. Once he abused a non-Arab slave, who complained to the Holy Prophet about this. He reprimanded Abu Dhar and said, “You are still ignorant; these slaves are your brothers. God has given you power over them; if they are not suited to your temperament, sell them. Don’t harm God’s creatures. Give them to eat what you eat; give them to wear what you wear. Don’t give them so much work that they cannot do it all. If you give them a lot of work, then give them a hand to finish that work.”

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 7:49:31 AM

The Prophet Muhammad was kind-hearted to slaves. He (pbuh) says “They are your brothers; give them to eat what you eat; give them to wear what you wear.”

Whenever he got any slaves, he always used to give them freedom but they could never free themselves from his kindness and generosity. They left their parents, relatives and family and regarded it as an honour to live in bondage to him. Zaid bin Hartha was a slave. Muhammad set him free and gave him the choice to go with his father, who had come to take him, but he refused to go with his father and preferred to stay. Muhammad pbuh loved Usama, son of Zaid, so much that he used to say that if he had been a girl, he would have put jewellery on her.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 7:42:30 AM

• Mr. Barani

You always repeat the same questions. The questions you have asked in your first comment in this article have already been given answers. Even then you do the same that tells your target and purpose of peeping into others’ religion in order to distort the message of the religion. So, whatever authentic references I give you, will not convince you. Here, I have a message for you that if you want to judge the religion Islam and the holy prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, you should first be positive rather than negative, otherwise you can never find the way to right.

For an instance, a man has a mother and a father and if he thinks of his parents positively he will remain in love with his parents, on the contrary to that if he thinks of his parents he will be no longer a lover of his parents. As a result, there will be only conflict as is taking place today.  Similarly if a man studies the Quran and Ahadith negatively will and can never find out the true guidance but will remain stuck with the negative thoughts.

The message prophet Muhammad peace be upon brought was not only for his time but is applicable for the standards of today too. This is not only claim but also justified.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 7:14:31 AM

• Mr barani,

Your approach to Muhammad peace be upon him is merely based on misinterpretation of his life either that from the Quran or the Hadith. All these accounts are fabricated and nothing else. You have said as follows:

“According to these standards Mohammed was a cruel

barbarian, merciless and fanatical. He introduced religious

hatred into large parts of the world that before were tolerant

on such matters. He curtailed the freedom of women. He

endorsed slavery. He broke up families. He ordered cruel

punishments. The world would have been a better place if he

had never been born.”

A man has a tongue, can say or write whatever he wants irrespective of the distinction between right and wrong message of Islam and the holy prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. It may be called a kind of violence that is growing day by day.

When I think, what is the target of those people who are just stuck with the purpose of misinterpreting the message of Islam? I come to know that they are doing so just in order to create violence among the societies and the nations. But those can never get success as long as there are peace-loving people and the true spirit of Islam.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/26/2013 7:13:35 AM

• A religion which had such a great passion for slaves and concerns for other belief, so it must be called humanitarian

Historic is given above and the current reality can be seen in the gcc world in practice.

By satwa gunam - 1/26/2013 3:46:59 AM

By satwa gunam - 1/26/2013 3:46:26 AM

• I knew that he will say exactly this. I did not mean that. Be happy with whatever you believe in. There are many scholars roaming the streets.
    By express - 1/25/2013 11:10:10 AM

• Dear Raihan Nezami, If somebody gets an impression that I have no respect for the Prophet about whom I wrote the following and pieced together an article as an objective and scientific defense of his noble persona, I can hardly convince him of how much I love my Prophet:
    "Furthermore, the Qur’an’s omission of the names of his most eminent and learned companions who were later to become Caliphs, Governors and Generals, who all accepted his leadership as most humble and obedient followers, clearly shows his exclusive and extraordinary position in the community. According to early reports, the very presence of the Prophet had a compelling appeal, and his personality radiated some beautiful characteristics and aura (kiramat) that only those who were present in his company could perceive. As a result of these extraordinary virtues and characteristics, the Prophet developed a very special relationship with his companions that impressed all the contemporaneous observers and has perplexed his opponents ever since. This goes to explain why his companions would defy and sacrifice everything for the sake of the Prophet...."

I think with the non-stop barrage of moral attacks, you missed my last comment to this writer - who, I am sure has not read my article and is out to keep us locked up in confusing and unproductive debate. With this I am compelled to quote below my following warning to the readers inserted in the article referenced below:

"The website also must guard against imposters and agents of enemies who can barge into it with Hindu and Muslims names in order to foil any healthy debate, block any reform in Islam, create inter-faith hostility and strengthen the hands of extremists, terrorists and fundamentalists – some of these are obviously on the payroll of the enemies of Islam and India but as traitors and mercenaries, they can be of any religion and assume any name."

By muhammad yunus - 1/25/2013 10:50:51 AM

• What Mr Younus's view on the Prophet (pbuh) cannot be anybody's concern. My point is that since I came to know from his comment that he has no reverence and respect for the Prophet (pbuh) his statements on the Quran will have no value or impotance for me from today.  what he has to say doesnot make any difference.
    By express - 1/25/2013 10:36:38 AM

• Janab Mohammad Younus Saheb: I would like to request you to clear your opinion in determining the noble persona of our prophet Muhammad (saw). Though I, personally, have no doubt in this regard, but it will help other readers to understand and see you in clear light.

By Raihan Nezami - 1/25/2013 10:30:55 AM

• Mr Raihan Nizami,
    Why are you putting words in Mr Younus's mouth. What he said or meant is no secret. Why you think you need to elaborate. He is cabable of explaining himself. Why did he quote someone else's view if he doesnot subscribe to it?

By express - 1/25/2013 10:29:29 AM

• Dear Xpress: I think there has been some misunderstanding or misinterpretation of Mohammad Younus Saheb’s comment second in this thread. I am quoting few lines from that, “The truth is many historians have found the Prophet far less honorable than you have claimed. These historians - one quoted by Barani, have drawn on the classical Sira of the Prophet, which is no more than an embellished history.” You see, finally, he has stated, “Sira is an embellished history”. As far as my understanding is concerned, he has great love and reverence for the prophet Muhammad (SAW) having full belief in the noble persona of the prophet (SAW) and agrees with the author’s statement, “The Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was one of the greatest humanitarians that ever walked on the earth. In fact he must be called the saviour of humanity”.

By Raihan Nezami - 1/25/2013 10:25:09 AM

• Dear Express.

Contrary to what you attribute to me in your last comment, this is what I wrote about the Prophet in the article I requested you to read:

"The Qur’an goes on to testify that the Prophet was mild to his men even after their lapses in Uhud expedition (3:159). He readily excused others from taking part in Tabuk expedition (9:43). He offered food to uninvited guests, and cordially entertained them, even if they caused him annoyance by staying on after the meal for socializing (33:53). The Prophet also displayed the most pristine form of generosity by praying for the forgiveness of his enemies (9:80/84/113). Accordingly, the Qur’an describes him as a noble messenger (81:19), endowed with a sublime character (68:4), and an unshakeable stability that prevented him from the prompting of his enemies to making some compromises (17:74).He was faithful to his trust (amin, 81:21),and (a manifestation of God’s) mercy to the believers (9:61), and to all humanity (21:107).

Will you now please read the article?

By muhammad yunus - 1/25/2013 9:27:43 AM

• Mr Raihan Nezami it shows your bent of mind when you support Mr Younus when he says that Muhammad (pbuh) is not honourable man. And he then went on to say things any Muslim wont like. But you never said anything to him. Does a person deserve respect who shows disrespect to the prophet (pbuh).? He has a controted view of Islam and the Prophet (pbuh). He forces his interpretations on everyone. He misquotes verses. I pointed out this but he steered clear of it. He does not need an advocate like you. By supporting a person who has very different ideas than a religious person like you, you think where do you stand when you support him on his stand on the prophet (pbuh)
    By express - 1/25/2013 9:20:33 AM

• Mr. Xpress: Your attitude, questions and manner of debating resemble Mr. Rational who has gone in hybernation. Be realistic and result-oriented, ny friend.
    By Raihan Nezami - 1/25/2013 8:49:53 AM

• Dear Express.

It appears you want to know what I have written about the Prophet. You will find this in the following article that i earnestly request you to read before you attribute what I quoted from others to me as one of your comments suggests.

The Noble Persona of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) As Mirrored In the Qur’an

By muhammad yunus - 1/25/2013 7:48:04 AM

• Lutiya hi dubo di
    By express e - 1/25/2013 5:18:12 AM

• Mr. express, if a person respects his prophet, others should not demand him to disrespect.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/25/2013 5:00:04 AM

• The Quran is a toy in their hands with which they can play in which way they wish.
    By express - 1/25/2013 4:18:12 AM

• What is the view of your great scholar Mr Younus. Hasnt he opposed the view held in the article?
    By express - 1/25/2013 4:08:17 AM

• WHOSE VIEW IS THIS.
    By express - 1/25/2013 4:07:13 AM

• If a  person derides the prophet (pbuh) and shows disrespect to the Prophet (pbuh) he should not demand respect.
    By express - 1/25/2013 4:05:11 AM

• Mr. Express: The quoted idea in your comment, presented in the Sira of the Prophet – first published by Ibn Hisham (d. 218/834) is completly un-Islamic and a blatant lie; that is my opinion in the light of Qur'an and authentic Ahadith.
    By Raihan Nezami - 1/25/2013 4:05:02 AM

• A great humanitarian
    The prophet Muhammad peace e upon him upgraded the women and made them the pillar of the society. He pbuh recommended rescuing their rights of being mother, daughter, and wife, etc. he did so at a time when they were buried alive. The holy Quran warns the people who used to bury their daughters alive. "And when the female (infant) buried alive - is questioned, for what crime she was killed." [Noble Quran 81:8-9]
    Criticizing the attitudes of such parents who reject their female children the Quran states:
    "When news is brought to one of them, of (the Birth of) a female (child), his face darkens and he is filled with inward grief! With shame does he hide himself from his people because of the bad news he has had! Shall he retain her on (sufferance) and contempt, or bury her in the dust? Ah! What an evil (choice) they decide on?" [Noble Quran 16:58-59]

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/25/2013 3:55:31 AM

• A great humanitarian
    The prophet Muahmmad peace be upon him took care of the servants so much that they became carefree. There are many Ahadith whereby it becomes obligatory to respect the servants and their rights. Some of them are as follows:
    it is reported by Ali (R.A.) that the last words, spoken by the Holy Prophet (PBUH), (at the time of his death) were,
    "Observe Salaah (the prayers), Observe Salaah And fear Allah with regards to your slaves and servants."
    It is related by Abu Hurairah (R.A.) that Rasulullah (PBUH) said,
    "Food and dress are the right of the slave and he should not be assigned to task which may be beyond his capacity."
    In another Hadith, the Prophet (PBUH) is reported to have said,

"They are your brothers (the slaves and servants). Allah has placed them under your authority. So he who has a brother under him should feed him and clothe him as he himself does, and should not take from him any work that is beyond his power. If he does tell him to do such work then he should also join in it - (and help him)."
    These are some of AHadith in the privilege given to the servants at a time when they were used mercilessly and when there was no one to help them.

By GHULAM GHAUS غلام غوث - 1/25/2013 3:28:16 AM

• Does MR Raihan Nezami, Aiman subscribe to this idea:
    The Sira of the Prophet – first published by Ibn Hisham (d. 218/834) around a hundred and seventy years after the Prophet’s death based entirely on oral accounts is suffused with speculative accretions and sensational and emotional underpinnings commensurate to the taste and temperament of its immediate audience. Taken on face value, ignoring the literary anachronism that marks all ancient works, its scattered poetic imageries have been pieced together to project the Prophet of Islam as “a man that slaughtered captives, robbed caravans, sold women and children into slavery, had sexual relations with captive women, tortured prisoners, married a nine-year-old, forced his adopted son to divorce his wife so Muhammad could have her as a wife mandated war against non-Muslims, and who had some of his critics and rivals assassinated [7].
    you people are churning out articles after articles on topic like child marriage, polygamy etc. and say I dont know when someone asks about shirk. why?

By express - 1/25/2013 3:19:26 AM

• Mr Younus,
    Hadhrat Abu Bakr and Hadhrat Umar are the two greatest sahabas who always competed with each other in peity and sacrifices in path of Islam. They also competed to establish close relationship with the Prophet of Islam (pbuh). Hadhrat Abu Bakr's genealogy met with the Prophet's in the fifth generation. Probably both were aware of their common ancestry that's why they were so close. However, they also wanted to establish family relationships with the Prophet (pbuh) to be more dear to him. One instance this can be seen in the fact that before the marriage of Hadhrat Fatima r.a. with Hadhrat Ali r.a., Hadhrat Abu Bakr had proposed to the Prophet (pbuh) to marry Hadhrat Fatima r.a. but the Prophet (pbuh) had rejected the offer due to age difference. Since Hadhrat Umar had competed with Hadhrat Abu Bakr, he saw this an oppotunity to have an edge over Hadhrat Abu Bakr by proposing to marry Haddhrat Fatim r.a. after Abu Bakr's proposal was rejected. But the Prophet (pbuh) rejected Hadhrat Umar's proposal also. However, bothe Hadhrat Umar and Hadhrat Abu Bakr's daughters were married to the Holy  Prophet (pbuh). May be Hadhrat Abu Bakr had proposed to give his daughter Hadhrat Aiysha in marriage to the holy Prophet (pbuh) and may have insisted on it and the Prophet (pbuh) would have accepted the offer to keep his longtime and dearedst friend happy and proud. We may never know what transpired between Hadhrat Abu Bakr and the holy Prophet (pbuh) regarding the marriage of Hadhrat Aiysha r.a.Since the coversations might have been held privately between the two, there is also no hadith regarding this giving an opportunity to the detractors of the Prophet (pbuh) both inside and outside Islam to indulge in mudslinging on the Prophet (pbuh) without knowing the truth.
    Secondly, the marriage the prophet (pbuh) is mentioned in the Quran and God clearly says that it was done with the wisdom of the God who wanted to abolish the practice of adoption that existed among the Muslims even after Islam.
    Regarding the marriage, God had made some concessions to the holy Prophet (pbuh) in terms of marriage and he was practising what he was authorised by God. If you question his behaviour you are questioning the wisdom of God.
    What ever the Prophet (pbuh) practised was done according to the limitations put by  God adn according to the practices and the order of the tribal nature of the society.

By express - 1/25/2013 12:41:33 AM

• A good article by Mr Gaus.It is a pleasant aspect of the Prophet (pbuh) that despite the fact the whole life of the prophet (pbuh) had to be spent in defending and fighting for the cause of his noble mission, there was not the slightest scar of rudeness or harshness or cruelty in his speech or hehaviour or ideology. On the contrary in our present world, we observe that those who have ten or fifteen years in the army or the police, a certain  cruelty and rudeness his personality, behaviour and ideas. But it did not happen with the prophet (pbuh). That is a unique trait of his  magninimous persona.
    By Arshad - 1/25/2013 12:17:40 AM

• Mr. JB: Someone said, "Seeing is believing, hearing is confusing", so first see the Qur'an, authenticated Ahadith and blemish fabricated history, then try to believe what is Truth and what is lie if you have sense and understanding. Try to hear many fake and fabricated story might be taking rounds about you too, Do you believe? If not, some people like you in the coming generations, will believe and say it was your real character tarnishing your real image. Isn't it?

By Raihan Nezami - 1/24/2013 9:38:38 PM

• @Nezami,

Well. Is one hearsay better than the other? According to you - what you like to hear is better than what you don't like to hear. Isn't that the case?....

By JB - 1/24/2013 9:23:54 PM

• Mr. Barani: The hatred for Islam has gone into your head, only an illiterate and crazy person can speak like this who has no idea but believes the hearsay of the enemies of Islam. You are one step ahead of the pagans of Makkah in 7th century.
    By Raihan Nezami - 1/24/2013 9:10:25 PM

• Dear Gholam Ghous Sahab:

You state: "Perhaps, no one’s life has been scrutinised as much as the Holy Prophet’s biography. But not a single flaw in his character has been recorded. This is precisely why even the pagans of Mecca would call him “Al-Sadiq” (the Truthful) and “Al-Amin."

The truth is many historians have found the Prophet far less honorable than you have claimed. These historians - one quoted by Barani, have drawn on the classical Sira of the Prophet, which is no more than an embellished history. Therefore you cannot claim any  moral ascendancy of the Prophet and uphold the reports in the classical Sira of the Prophet at the same time. One of my articles referenced below raises the subject as follows:

Therefore, if we want to convince the world (including all educated Muslims on borderline of faith) that the gory accounts in classical biography are largely false and fabricated, we must draw on the Qur'an - the only historically accurate document (written down, memorized and witnessed at same historical point) to construct the noble persona of the Prophet as attempted in this article:
     The Noble Persona of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh) As Mirrored In the Qur’an

By muhammad yunus - 1/24/2013 7:04:24 PM

• Colin Maine, "The dead hand of Islam"

It might be said that Mohammed was a man of his time.
    but we must judge him according to the standards of today,
    not those of 1200 years ago. We should try to improve on the

ethics of the past. Moslems claim that Islam is a religion for
    our time, and it is by the ideals of this century that we should
    measure it, not by those of the 7th century.

According to these standards Mohammed was a cruel
    barbarian, merciless and fanatical. He introduced religious