Islamic Sharia Laws (20 Jun 2012 NewAgeIslam.Com)

• Islam is the fastest growing religion, IN THE WORLD!!! People are catching up! ALLAH AKBAR
    By aisja - 8/9/2014 10:24:18 AM

• I see, Jews are working over time here LOL!!!
    By aisja - 8/9/2014 10:15:30 AM

• I see, Jews are working over time here LOL!!!
    By aisja - 8/9/2014 9:45:16 AM

• Dear Chanah,

The Quran states that there should be no compulsion in religion, so even if one of us (Muslims) go astray, according to our holy book we can try to lead them back to the straight path, but at the end even if that person is your spouse it is better to stop sleeping with them, wait the appointed time (4months) if they are to divorce and let them go if on is no longer Muslim.

I would suggest that you know many Muslims believe different things and that just because a Muslim can quote the Quran that does not mean they are great at following it, which calls to question their morality.

There is a verse in the Quran that brings to mention from the translation I have, to kill the disbelievers where they stand, so there is contradiction between those two verses initially without further study or better reading skills. The issue in understanding there is, that from what I have been taught is that during the time the Chapter or surah containing that second verse was revealed was during the time of what some call the "holy war", the same war which would allow the Prophet and Muslims to live freely and without fear of secret persecution. In my opinion based on what I know that second verse was designated for that time only and for specific people...the Quran is also tolerable of other believers of past Holy Books to certain extents...and when it is not for the sake of self defense or an eye for an eye so to speak, killing is a grave sin.

Muslims have no need to lie about their beliefs or religion.....those who are largely immoral and violent and wicked and still call themselves true Muslims have already lied in that testament. You might as well be listening to a disbeliever talk about how to achieve true peace and belief in God. It just doesn't work. I wish you the best and I really recommend doing tons and tons of research before just listening to anyone about their interpretation of Islam. Plenty of good Muslims still disagree on many points in the Quran, so trying to, learn, cleanse ourselves and our beliefs is a constant process. I suggest you do the same for the sake of your beliefs and your education. Best wishes.
    By Destiny - 8/5/2014 10:36:35 PM

• Rational says, "who is stopping muslims to stop sectarian fight?" - -

Studying the behavior of Wahhabi-like apostates throws some light on the subject.

By Ghulam Mohiyuddin - 1/25/2014 1:11:00 AM

• the greatest lie invented and spread by muslim is based on small verse' la ikraha fi deen' which was abrogated by later verses. muslims follow later verses not early verses. who is stopping muslims to practice la ikarah fiddeen? who is stopping muslims to stop sectarian fight? one more sect of moderates has surfaced beliving they are the true representatives of islam.
    By rational moahmmed yunus - 1/24/2014 9:50:11 PM

• There is no compulsion in religion.

yeah and that's why right now Christians are being persecuted in Syria Egypt Sudan Nigeria Kenya Pakistan Iraq and Iran, why do you muslims need to lie abt your religion, you should know that we the non-muslims are the worse of creatures apes and pigs ill-allah hates us

oh yeah could you plz explain this

Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 5 :: Hadith 290

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "When a man sits in between the four parts of a woman and did the sexual intercourse with her, bath becomes compulsory."

By chanah - 1/24/2014 4:02:37 PM

• Dear Pankaj Ji,

I really see no connection between my statement you quoted and your last question to me (copied below) to which I had responded:
    "Why do you think that leaving islam (or for say any religion) is to leave good things!!!"

Perhaps fasting is telling on my reasoning power, or my statement you just quoted is interpreted differently by you.

What I really meant was that given the moral bindings of Islam - for that matter any religion, the young and the vast majority of people for that matter find it much easier to leave religion aside. But they can still remain good human beings - better than many given to religion. I hope I have clarified my position.

By muhammad yunus - 7/24/2013 10:02:58 PM

• Dear Yunus ji!!
    These were your words
    "Muslim young men find it convenient not to believe as this frees them from all bindings. Who wants to share wealth with poor, respect women, love neighbor, take no undue advantage of others, remain upright in  justice and so forth, let alone bear the rigor of prayer, fasting and sexual fidelity. So for him - Good bye Islam - at least as long as goings are good"

By Pankaj - 7/24/2013 9:37:17 PM

• Dear Jay/ SRS,

Jay's advice to SRS may be practical. Moreover in divine scheme as clearly stated in the Qur'an and repeatedly quoted in many of my articles the 'salvation' for all believers in God is contingent to deeds (karma) and taqwa (dharma) (verses 2:62, 4:124, 5:69, 64:9, 65:11) regardless of religion or probably ir-religion (God knows best). So converting to Islam does not bring one any closer to God nor does it offer any guarantee of earning  a divine approval. So if you (SRS) are thinking of converting to Islam and have the slightest doubts in your mind, stick to your religion and be a good human being.

By the way, no enlightened Muslim will insist on your calling God in Arabic. My first lesson in Urdu was 'khuda aek hai,' I love the Hindi song by Muhammad Rafi: 'Bhagwaan, Bhagwaaan, O duniya ke rakh wa le - sun dard bhare mere naale!' and listen it even in this holy month during fasting to fill the time that passes very slowly with empty stomach.

Om Shanti Om. [Invoking peace from the Infinite Creative Force of the Universe].'

As a Muslims I also wish you both peace and blessings of God - 'Assalam u alaikum wa rahmatullah.'

PS
    1. Jay! Have no doubt, I am a devout Muslim and today is the 15th day of fasting. So I have to  be honest to what I say.

2. SRS. Please talk to Muslim and non-Muslim women in your class/ circle and find out which of them earn greater care and respect from their husbands and in-laws and then finalize your decision to turn your love into wedlock. There is no compulsion in religion.

By muhammad yunus - 7/24/2013 9:33:45 PM

• Dear Pankj ji,

Be kind enough not to put words into my mouth. I never said:   leaving islam (or for say any religion) is to leave good things!!!.

What I said in my article referenced below is this:
    "The Qur’anic broader notion of taqwa and its association with the deeper impulses of all humanity demolishes any distinction of people on religious ground. A Muslim person (regardless of gender) most visibly given to religious symbolism or devoted to religious rituals, may lag behind or even fail in taqwa and disqualify for divine rewards, while a non-Muslim person, probably even an atheist, who has no lesser share of divine inspiration in his/her subconscious soul, may excel in taqwa and earn divine reward despite his lacking in religious symbolism and visible or regimented devotion – though God knows best who all will earn divine reward."

Ref. Heading 3,
    The Qur’an’s broader notion of taqwa – an irrefutable testimony to its universalism

By muhammad yunus - 7/24/2013 8:54:54 PM

• Dear Mr. Truth, let me jump out of turn to tell you that you have a hell lot of time with you to do research on the topic and give your wise understanding about it so that we either accept it or throw it in dustbin. Why do you bother someone else to do the findings for you? Why don't you do it yourself? It is a God damn it technique to assign someone a homework and say 'take your time' and meanwhile you whistle around. Please clean the mess on your own and that's a polite request to you.
    By sadaf - 7/24/2013 10:56:28 AM

• Dear SRS,

Seriously consider if your love would allow you accept your husbands faith as supreme to the one you were born with. Most muslims may claim to be non-religious in practice. BUt you never know when they might become religious and then of they do- your life will be hell. Pls think of all the things you will have to give up including your parents, culture, festivals etc., because they are unislamic. Further, consider the harm that you are causing to your community directly and indirectly as your children will mostly be muslim and hence iuncrease their number accelerating the dominance of islam in this world. Every coptic crhsitian, Hindu and Arab christian who is being persecuted for their faith in muslim dominated countries- think of them before you jump into this. As indirectly you are helping the islamists accomplish their goal. May God be with you. Hopefully you get to call him by many names or any name of your choice instead of being forced to call him AllaH!

By Jay - 7/24/2013 10:16:53 AM

• Dear Yunus Sir!

Why do you think that leaving islam (or for say any religion) is to leave good things!!! Most of the time I have found atheists behave way better than believers in most of the sense.

By Pankaj - 7/24/2013 9:33:39 AM

• My dear Muhammad Yunus, how are you? Its been a while since we have discussed on Islamic issues; I have been very busy lately. The only reason I am commenting is to ask your opinion and to seek knowledge from you regarding waseela and shafaath in the Quran. Please clarify it for me. There is one group of scholars who say that waseela and shafaath are not allowed in the Quran and that the Quran prohibits it in no less than 25 places, like in ch 5 and ch 3. There is also another group who say that it is allowed. I think I have the answer but before concluding I want to know from you regarding it and please do give me exact references. Take your time.
    By Truth - 7/24/2013 8:16:06 AM

• Dear SRS,

No one can tell you whether your boyfriend's parents will be offended or not. As in any other religion Muslims have divergent notions about their religion depending upon their sect, worldview, racial, cultural and civilizational background. Mostly Muslims have an exclusive interpretation of their religion but those with Sufi background or groomed in Qur'anic knowledge can be fairly catholic. My late dad came from a family of huffaz (Qur'an memorizer) who distinguished the Qur'an as the sole scripture of Islam and was highly suspect of all secondary theological corpus. He would have been pleased to answer all your questions and readily accepted you in the family on the simple assurance that you believe in God, try to do good to others and keep from immoral behavior - in a word you are a good person. (He died in 1977)

Muslim young men find it convenient not to believe as this frees them from all bindings. Who wants to share wealth with poor, respect women, love neighbor, take no undue advantage of others, remain upright in  justice and so forth, let alone bear the rigor of prayer, fasting and sexual fidelity. So for him - Good bye Islam - at least as long as goings are good..

By muhammad yunus - 7/24/2013 3:09:42 AM

• Message of Love

Love gave us willing, caring hands

To perform some helpful deed.

Love gave us sympathetic words

To answer someone’s need.

Love gave us soft hearts

To aid another along the way.

Love gave us smiles and laughter

To brighten someone’s day.

Love gave us all these treasured gifts

For helping one another.

Love works through us all

So that we care for each other!

By Ji - 7/24/2013 2:51:09 AM

• It is showing me that my comment did not fully post. My basic question is can I ask my boyfriends parents questions about the Muslim religion even if he is not an active follower? A lot of what I have read aligns with my beliefs and I would like to know more but do not know if they would be offended by my asking since their son does not believe...
    By SRS - 7/24/2013 12:11:58 AM

• I have recently begun dating a man that has been a close friend for some time. i am not Muslim
    By SRS - 7/24/2013 12:03:56 AM

• Dear Inayat,

Read out the following opening statements of the executive summary of the article and you can convince your wife of her physical conjugal responsibility - but do not be inpatient  - give her some gift ...

The Qur’an treats sexuality as a divine bounty. It recognizes human impulse of love and mercy for the opposite sex (30:21), allows the members of either sex without specifying any age to have admiration for a believing member of the opposite sex (2:221). Its verses directly relating to sexuality also invoke divine mercy (7:189) and heedfulness of God (taqwa) (2:223) thereby precluding any notion of sexual abuse or coercion as widely practiced in many Muslim lands and committed by some Muslim husbands against their wives. Sexual intimacy is however forbidden during the fasting hours in the month of Ramadan (2:187) and with the wives who are in their monthly courses (2:222)."

You may also bear in mind the following commentary explaining the verse 2:223 included in the article:

“Your wives are a field of yours. So approach your field as you please, but take steps for yourselves, and heed God (attaqu al-Lah), and know that you will meet Him (on the Day of Judgment); and give good news to believers” (2:223).

Commentary: Addressed to men folk who inevitably play an active role in sexuality, it combines the sanction of freedom in physical sexuality with sacredness (heeding God) implying courtesy, kindness and understanding, and concludes with a reminder of an ultimate meeting with God.

Kindly read the full article.

By muhammad yunus - 7/22/2013 8:35:51 PM

• As salaam mu alykum.

I want to ask for your advice. What can I say or refer my wife to, regarding Islamic law of a wife NOT fulfilling her husbands natural physical needs of physical relations.

Shukran

Was salaam

By Inayet - 7/22/2013 4:13:32 PM

• The heart of every man, both good and bad, is the abode of God, and care should be taken never to wound anyone by word or act.

Bowl of Saki, July 16, by Hazrat Inayat Khan

Commentary by Pir-o-Murshid Inayat Khan:

In order to awaken love and sympathy in our hearts, sacrifices must be made. We must forget our own troubles in order to sympathize with the troubles of others. To relieve the hunger of others we must forget our own hunger. Everybody is working for selfish ends, not caring about others, and this alone has brought about the misery in the world today. When the world is evolving from imperfection towards perfection, it needs all love and sympathy. Great tenderness and watchfulness is required of each one of us. The heart of every man, both good and bad, is the abode of God, and care should be taken never to wound anybody by word or act. We are only here in this world for a short time; many have been here before, and have passed on, and it is for us to see that we leave behind an impression of good.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/V/V_26.htm

We cannot help believing the words of Buddha, 'The essence of all religion is harmlessness'. Harmlessness does not mean refraining from killing: one can kill many without killing. In order to kill a person one does not need to murder him; a glance, a word, a thought can kill a person, and that is worse torture than death. It is this experience that will make us say, 'My very feet, be conscientious lest you tread on the thorns lying on your path, lest they complain: You have crushed me'.

There is no end to consideration once a person begins applying this principle. If there is any religion it is in having consideration for everyone: earnestly to consider what feeling can be touched by a moment's mistake. If there is any abode of God it is in the heart of man. If the heart is touched wrongly it has an effect upon destiny, and we do not know to what extent.

from  http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/XIV/XIV_7.htm

By Ji - 7/16/2013 6:56:50 PM

• Dear Ziaur Rahman,

The article give a window into the Qur'an's take on the captioned theme, 'Love,Sex and Marriage.' The answer to your specific question lies in it following statements:

Love and Mercy between the Sexes Is a ‘Sign’ Of God

“And among His signs is that He has created for you, of yourselves, spouses (azwaj), that you may feel tranquility and relief (taskunu) in her and (He) has set love and mercy between you. There are signs in this for a people who reflect” (30:21).

Historically, in most societies, love before marriage was condemned, while spouses in wedlock often concealed their love. This was because the feeling of love between man and woman was eyed with mute contempt or perhaps jealousy, while marriage was regarded as a purely biological necessity aimed at procreation. The verse acknowledges the spiritual and emotional attachment between the opposite sexes, and asks humans to reflect on this. Furthermore, the etymology of the word azwaj, (spouses) is suggestive of a pair of the opposite sexes, which indicates monogamy as a social norm, and leaves no ground to privilege one of the pair (such as male as traditionally held) over the other."

Kindly read the article closely for the Qur'an declares:

“We have sent down the Book to you (O Muhammad,) with blessings so that the prudent may probe into its verses (message) and be mindful of it” (38:29).

“Will they not probe into the Qur'a? - or are there hearts sealed” (47:24)?

By muhammad yunus - 7/16/2013 6:40:26 PM

• Is in islam love is haram ? or Halal ?  if halal give me some reference from quranul karim also if haram give me reference from Quran or hadis......

By Ziaur Rahman - 7/16/2013 3:29:02 PM

• mera ek sawal hai ki shaadi karnai kay waqat kiya dekhna chahiyai kiya sitar ka dekhna zaroori  hai ki nahi qura paq mai is ka zikir hai ki nahi
    By Asmat jan - 4/30/2013 2:42:26 AM

• The Qur'an presents a quite clear concept in the matters of Love, Sex and Marriage. It has been further clarified by Janab Mohammad Younus Sb.
    By Raihan Nezami - 6/26/2012 10:53:11 PM

• Dear Abu Sufian. Thanks for reading and commenting. The length owes to the Qur'anic substantive coverage of the subject. What is tabled is mostly God's speech captured in human language to the best of the writer's capability with brief explanations. So the author could not abridge it. If you read the exec. summary and followed it,you got 80% of the contents.

By muhammad yunus (1) - 6/22/2012 6:58:37 PM

• i  cannot  read  the  whole  article,  it  is  very  big  but  whatever  i  read  by  skipping  i  liked  it.  my  freind  told  me  to  at  least  something  instead  of  nothing  and  he  told  me  and  he  is  right  that  it  is  not  always  necessary  to  read  everyword.  anyways  good,  no  great  job  sir.  i  thnk  many  young  guns  will  comment  on  this

By Abdul Sufiyan - 6/22/2012 9:29:24 AM

• Nothing short of excellent research work on Islamic matters in particular, is expected from Jb Mohammad Younus sb. The topic, "The Setting of the Revelation" has been dealt nicely which in other ways, replies certain questions of women folk. The views presented under the category, "Role of Men and Women In Wedlock" are adorable and should be given a piece of mind for the successful completion of matrimonial duties. I agree with the views of Jb Mohiyuddin Sb also.
    By Raihan Nezami - 6/21/2012 4:39:18 AM

• This is a comprehensive and clear coverage of the subject. It is easy to read and understand. Some Muslim women's groups have been demanding codification of these rules, including setting up of legal minimum ages for girls and boys for marriage purposes. I think we should support their demand because it would set down these rules in legal and unambiguous language. This would prevent ridiculous rulings such as the one in Imrana case, and may facilitate future reforms or amendments.

By Ghulam Mohiyuddin - 6/21/2012 12:21:43 AM