Islam and Pluralism (23 Jun 2012 NewAgeIslam.Com)

• Dear Mike. I have simply quoted Thomas Arnold, one of the most distinguished orientalists of British India, and a scholar par excellence.
    I think the Jiddah he writes (p.68,line 2 of his referenced book refers to a city may be in Egypt bearing the same name as the Jiddah of Saudi Arabia.
    Thanks a lot for reading the article through the last line of the Notes.
    By Mohammed Yunus (1) - 6/26/2012 8:12:21 AM

• After listening to the complete Ramayan... a voice came from the crowd... but please would you tell me who's father was Sita. This is what the question of whether Christian, Jews and Sabian going to Heaven is. Who the hell on earth can decide who can go to heaven and who cn go to hell?
    By sadaf - 6/25/2012 10:16:52 AM

• You mentioned a church was built in Jiddah?When did Muslims in Saudi Arabia, then Hijaz turned a pluralistic nation into an exclusive society?Thanks
    By Mike Ghouse - 6/25/2012 3:33:27 AM

• Dear Yunus,Great article, it's encouraging to read your scholarly renderings on Islam. Islam or any religion by nature is decisively pluralistic, teaching how to respect the otherness of other and accept the god given uniqueness of each one of the 7 billion of us. It's time for all of us to nurture the embedded pluralism in Islam.
    Thanks for writing this.

By Mike Ghouse - 6/25/2012 3:25:57 AM

• Janab Mohammad Younus sb: This is one of the most elaborate articles I have read till the  date expounding the diktats of Qur'an which will remove some amount of dust off the minds of Non-Muslims and illiterate Muslims in Islamic sense as well. I would also like to know "if Quran says that Jews, Christians, Sabians can go to Heaven?"
    By Raihan Nezami - 6/24/2012 10:35:40 PM

• This is the best exposition I have seen yet of Quranic exhortations affirming the religious observations of others and putting good deeds at the top of the hierarchy of what pleases God. This is important because exxcessive conviction in the exclusive validity of our faiths makes us less human.

By Ghulam Mohiyuddin - 6/24/2012 2:40:02 AM

• Fantastic article, it is easy to read because of the bold headings, dealing with separate issues. If possible Mr Yunus pleae tell me something about Sabians, the Quran says that Jews, Christians, Sabians can go to Heaven; I know about the first two, but I don't know much about Sabians, except that they were a monotheistic Abrahamic religion and they were probably some kind of tribe, i guess, but I am not sure. Pleae clarify at your ease. Thank you
    By Aiman Reyaz - 6/24/2012 12:49:26 AM