certifired_img

Books and Documents

Current Affairs (22 Jul 2016 NewAgeIslam.Com)



Did Munich Killer Lure Children To Their Deaths On Facebook? Police Probe Fake Ad for Free Food at Massacre Mcdonald's Where Iranian, 18, Killed First Of His Nine Victims before Turning Gun on Himself



By Anthony Joseph, Patrick Lion and Alan

22 July 2016


 













A video purporting to show the shooter, dressed in black, firing 20 shots has been posted on Twitter. The video shows him outside a McDonald's directly outside the shopping centre

Police are investigating a fake Facebook advert which offered free food at the McDonald's where a gunman killed the first of his nine victims.

Munich was in lockdown for a major police operation around the city's Olympic Park, after the 18-year-old Iranian opened fire at the fast food restaurant, before targeting shoppers in a busy mall in the district of Moosach.


The killer's body has been found half a mile from the scene after he reportedly turned the gun on himself. Police now believe he may have acted alone, after they initially went in search of three gunmen yesterday.

And at a press conference at 2.30am local time today, Munich Police President Hubertus Andrae confirmed the force were probing a Facebook page which was offering free food at the McDonald's at the same time the gunman began his shooting spree.


 








Police gave a 'cautious all clear' early this morning, more than seven hours after the attack began and brought much of the city to a standstill as all public transit systems were shut down amid a massive manhunt. Pictured is a body lying outside the mall

The shooter has been identified as a dual nationality German-Iranian, who has been living in Munich for more than two years.


A total of 21 people were taken to hospital as a result of the incident - three are fighting for their lives in critical condition and 16 are still receiving medical treatment.

Terrified shoppers were seen running for their lives from the Munich Olympia Shopping Centre after hearing gunshots.


Witnesses said that the gunman screamed 'I'm German' and 'Allahu Akbar' before shooting at children.

A video purporting to show the shooter, dressed in black, firing 20 shots has been posted on Twitter. The video shows him outside a McDonald's directly outside the shopping centre


The gunman's body has been found half a mile from the scene after he reportedly turned the gun on himself. Police now believe he may have acted alone, after they initially went in search of three gunmen

Police gave a 'cautious all clear' early this morning, more than seven hours after the attack began and brought much of the city to a standstill as all public transit systems were shut down amid a massive manhunt.


Mr Andrae said: 'The perpetrator was an 18-year-old German-Iranian from Munich. The motive or explanation for this crime is completely unclear.'

The shooter was not previously known to police and there was no evidence of any links to terrorist organizations, Andrae said.


He added: 'The question of terrorism or a rampage is tied to motive, and we don't know the motive. 'We can't question the suspect so this is all a little more difficult.'

Source: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3703705/Major-police-investigation-way-shots-fired-shopping-centre-Munich.html#ixzz4FCTpYkmf


------


The Munich Massacre

Special Correspondent

July 23, 2016

It is believed that the attackers, all from refugee camps, had worked in the village weeks preceding the Games to study the scene of their strike.

On September 4, 1972, Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympics enjoyed a night out watching Fiddler on the Roof. In the wee hours of Teacher’s Day (in India), as they slept, eight tracksuit-wearing members of the Palestine Liberation Organisation’s Black September faction climbed a two-metre fence, assisted by unsuspecting athletes, themselves sneaking into the Olympic village.

The intruders carried Kalashnikov assault rifles, grenades and Tokarev pistols in duffel bags. Stolen keys gave them access to 31 Connollystrasse, where the Israelis were housed.

It is believed that the attackers, all from refugee camps, had worked in the village weeks preceding the Games to study the scene of their strike.

Hostages taken

Occupants of Apartments 1 and 3 were rounded up. After some resistance, two were killed and nine taken hostage, while some escaped through the windows. In less than an hour the police were alerted and the world awoke to a 21-hour nightmare.

The custodians demanded release of 234 Palestinians and non-Arabs jailed in Israel besides Andreas Baader and Ulrike Meinhof, founders of the German Red Army Faction.

To demonstrate their resolve, they threw out wrestling coach Moshe Weinberg’s corpse from the front door. Members of the Hong Kong and Uruguayan squads sharing the accommodation were released unharmed.

Negotiators kept extending the deadline and when Israel refused to meet their demands, the detainers turned down offers of ransom money. Instead they sought two planes to fly them with their hostages to Cairo.

By watching live television, the terrorists discovered plans by German authorities to storm the building and then launch an attack at the airport. Captors and captives were flown by helicopters to Furstenfeldbruck air base where a two-hour showdown with snipers left two of the Palestinian assailants and a German policeman dead.

Shootout

When armoured trucks held up in traffic arrived around midnight, the gunmen hurled a grenade into the helicopter with the hostages, killing three of them instantly.

The remaining detainees in the other helicopter were mowed down by one of the desperadoes. Three guerrillas were captured.

Less than two months later two were let off when Black September hijacked a Lufthansa flight and threatened to blow up the aircraft.

“I wish I had my weapon,” Lones Wigger Jr., two-time Olympic gold-medallist told this correspondent with a tinge of regret, during the fourth 2007 CISM Military World Games in Hyderabad. “I could have taken down a couple of those masked hoodlums who kept popping out of the balconies,” reminisced the crackshot US Army Lt. Col.

The crisis unfolded before his eyes, the Americans occupying the building opposite that of the Israelis.

Even sports rifles were/are prohibited at the Games village and were/are stored in the shooting range’s armoury.

thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/the-munich-massacre/article8887759.ece?utm

----

Munich In Lockdown: 'Several Dead' And 10 Injured In Shooting Rampage Inside A Shopping Centre As Police Admit They Don't Know Where The Three Gunmen





 

  

 

 

Photo: A video purporting to show the shooter, dressed in black, firing 20 shots has been posted on Twitter. The video shows him outside a McDonald's directly outside the shopping centre

 

By Anthony Joseph and Patrick Lion and Alan Hall In Berlin For Mailonline

22 July 2016

A number of people (at least six, likely up to 15) have been killed and another 10 people are injured after a gunman went on a shooting rampage.

Police operation is ongoing in Munich, with the force warning people to stay in their homes and avoid public spaces.

Terrified shoppers were seen running for their lives from the Olympia Shopping Centre after hearing gunshots.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photo: One picture on social media shows a man lying on the ground with a blanket over him

 

Three Gunmen reportedly fled after his shooting spree on the city underground network, which has now been shut down

A number of people have been killed and another 10 are injured after three gunmen went on a shooting rampage in a German shopping centre.

A major police operation is ongoing in Munich, around the city's Olympic Park, with the force warning people to stay in their homes and avoid public spaces as they don't know where the gunman is.

Terrified shoppers were seen running for their lives from the Munich Olympia Shopping Centre, in the district of Moosach, after hearing gunshots.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photo: The shopping centre is next to the Munich Olympic Stadium, where the Palestinian militant group Black September took 11 Israeli athletes hostage and eventually killed them during the 1972 Olympic Games

 

A video purporting to show one shooter, dressed in black, firing 20 shots has been posted on Twitter. The footage shows him outside a McDonald's directly outside the shopping centre.

The area around the Munich Olympia Shopping Centre, in the district of Moosach, has been sealed off as emergency services try to control the situation.

Police have confirmed that there a multiple deaths as a result of the incident and German media have reported there may be up to 15 killed.

Tonight, Munich police tweeted: 'We currently do not know where to find the perpetrators. Watch yourself and avoid to be the public'.

A second shooting has taken place near Marienplatz subway station, which is 10 stops from the Olympic Park area.

A police spokesman said; 'It is really something big going down.'

The force in Munich posted on its website: 'At this time we have a major operation underway. Please avoid the area of the shopping centre.'

First reports said a heavily armed man wandered through the shopping centre opening fire at will.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photo: Firefighters gathering at the entrance of a shopping centre in which a shooting was reported, Munich, Germany

 

It is reported that the gunman fled after his shooting spree on the city underground network, which has now been shut down.

Police said they are also hunting a second gunman involved in the incident.  Photos flashed on to social media sites of at least one body covered by aluminium sheets.

'Stay in your homes. Leave the road!' Polizei München said in a Tweet.

A spokesman for the German police said there was a 'shooting spree'.

An official at the Munich Olympia Shopping Centre declined comment, saying only, 'We are experiencing a problem.'

The shopping centre is next to the Munich Olympic stadium, where the Palestinian militant group Black September took 11 Israeli athletes hostage and eventually killed them during the 1972 Olympic Games.

Thamina Stoll, a university student in Munich, tweeted video of the scene showing people running.

'Helicopter, sirens and people on the street #Munich #shooting #OEZ #München,' she said.

'At least 30 police cars on their way to #Munich #shoppingmall according to local radio station. Area around mall blocked by police.'

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photo: German police secure the entrance to a subway station near a shopping mall where a shooting took place in Munich

 

The shooting comes just days after a teenage asylum seeker went on the rampage with an axe and a knife on a regional train in Germany, injuring five people.

Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said the teenager was believed to be a 'lone wolf' attacker who appeared to have been 'inspired' by the Islamic State group but was not a member of the jihadist network.

It also follows a truck attack in the French Riviera city of Nice after Bastille Day fireworks last week that left 84 people dead. 

Source: dailymail.co.uk

URL: http://www.newageislam.com/current-affairs/anthony-joseph-and-patrick-lion-and-alan-hall/did-munich-killer-lure-children-to-their-deaths-on-facebook?-police-probe-fake-ad-for-free-food-at-massacre-mcdonald-s-where-iranian,-18,-killed-first-of-his-nine-victims-before-turning-gun-on-himself/d/108047

New Age Islam, Islam Online, Islamic Website, African Muslim News, Arab World News, South Asia News, Indian Muslim News, World Muslim News, Womens in Islam, Islamic Feminism, Arab Women, Womens In Arab, Islamphobia in America, Muslim Women in West, Islam Women and Feminism, Moderate Islam, Moderate Muslims, Progressive Islam, Progressive Muslims, Liberal Islam, Liberal Muslims, Islamic World News, Attack in Munich, Munich Attack, Terror in Munich




TOTAL COMMENTS:-    


Compose Your Comments here:
Name
Email (Not to be published)
Comments
Fill the text
 
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the articles and comments are the opinions of the authors and do not necessarily reflect that of NewAgeIslam.com.

Content